JMRA – The Process

Screenshot 2014-06-19 14.27.09

You will need a recent passport sized photos signed on the back with your birth date. You will also need a copy of the form from your city hall indicating your alien registration is current (or a photo copy of your passport) and a postage stamp (500 yen should cover it) so JMRA can return your exam admit card. You will need to send these materials to the JMRA office as noted above. You will also need to transfer the fees for the exam to the JMRA office. The fees should arrive before your application. Fill in the application with a pencil. No pens. After your application is accepted you will receive a card with your photo to admit you to the exam and an application information paper that gives you some important dates and the process to inform JMRA if you need to cancel your test date. If you do not have an alien registration card, contact JMRA and ask what alternate form if identification will be acceptable. Recently military personnel have taken their licenses without an alien registration card. After you pass the physical, written exam, and practical, you will be notified to get your Certificate and apply for your license. A guide to the License Application Process may be found on this site to assist your progress. The address of the Osaka JMRA office is:

JMRA Kinki Jimusho Century Bldg 2f Otemae 1-5-13 Katamachi, Miyakojima-Ku
Osaka-Shi, Osaka-Fu 534-0025

Fees are paid by Genkin Kakitome (cash at the post office). The current fee is Y24,800.  Be sure to write your name and address on the envelope..  

2016 EXAM DATES for Osaka: